I hope you’ve enjoyed your weekend and thanks for all that you do to make our school The Best Little School in the District!
- Monday, October 24, is our audit day. All students must be at school on time in order to be counted and ensure that we are provided our full budget. Thanks for your cooperation!
- A total of 70% of our families have had home visits as of Friday! Thanks for welcoming us into your homes and neighborhoods and we look forward to visiting more of you soon!
- Questions about the upcoming E-cycle on 11/5? Please see attached for a flyer with additional details. If you can’t make it on the 5th, there are used book and electronics drop off boxes in the atrium.
- Thank you to all of our students and families that came out for the screening of Girl Rising on Thursday and a big thanks to Robin Lerner for organizing the event!
Academic Parent Teacher Team (APTT) Meetings
We’re looking forward to seeing all of our families for APTT meetings the first week of November. PK and K meetings will be on Tuesday, November 1; 1st, 2nd, and CES meetings will be on Wednesday, November 2; and 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade meetings will be on Thursday, November 3. All meetings will be held from 6:00-7:30 and childcare will be available.
Cell Phone Policy
In recent weeks, more and more students are bringing cell phone to school and attempting to use them while on school grounds. As a reminder students should not bring toys, electronic games, or cell phones to school. In the event that a child brings electronics to school, Hearst is not responsible if said items are lost or stolen and staff will confiscate items that we find. All items that are confiscated will be held in the main office and must be picked up by a parent.
Hello Owl Families! We hope you had a wonderful weekend.
The Enrichment Committee will meet Sunday (tonight!!) at 7pm at the Whole Foods in Tenleytown. Come join us as we discuss plans for winter programming. We could use help in identifying classes and instructors for the winter session. Please contact PTA Co-President Keri Sikich at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The PTA's fall fundraising campaign, the Owl Fund Contest, continues! Each year the PTA raises money through a variety of mechanisms. The fall focus is direct cash donations to the Owl Fund. We are running a contest through Oct 31st to drum up excitement and drive donations. There is a prize at stake for the winning grade level - students AND teachers! Please note we will give prizes to ALL grade levels that reach 100% participation if we are fortunate enough to have that happen! We make it easy to give: donations are accepted by cash, check and by credit card. Please click on http://www.hearstes.org/owl_fund for details, including on how to set up monthly payments. Questions can be directed to Kay Parry (email@example.com), Skip Holmes (firstname.lastname@example.org), Keri Sikich (email@example.com) or Judy Goodstein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Community Dining Night: Join us at Potomac Pizza on Monday, October 24, for pizza and other delicious offerings just on the other side of the District Line in the Chevy Chase Center.
- It’s almost time to recycle your unused, broken, unwanted or obsolete electronics. That’s right – it’s almost E-Cycle time! Please spread the word and join us on Saturday, November 5, for Hearst’s annual E-Cycle event, which also includes document shredding, a bike swap, a book sale, a bake sale and a bounce house, of course! If you have any questions, please email Team E-Cycle at email@example.com. An E-cycle donations box is in the atrium next to the security desk. If you’re unable to make it to the E-cycle on 11/5, please feel free to drop your electronic recyclables in the box. See the PTA corner below for more information about the E-cycle.
- The Auction Committee will hold its next meeting on Monday, November 7 at 7pm. We will meet at the Whole Foods in Tenleytown. Please contact Auction Co-Chair Emily Olesh at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.