I hope you enjoyed the three-day weekend and thanks for your continued support of Hearst!
- The Literacy Parade begins at 2:00 on Monday on the soccer field. Costume clothing can be on during the day, however students should not wear costume accessories (hats, masks, gloves, etc.). They will have time to put on accessories prior to the Literacy Parade.
- A reminder that there are no dogs allowed on the school grounds unless they are service dogs.
- Installation of the gym curtain divider has begun and will finish up on Tuesday, November 1.
- A reminder to return the Impact Aid forms to the school by Thursday, November 3rd.
- Friday, November 4, is a teacher work day and there is no school for students.
- The Parent Chat scheduled for Thursday, November 3, has been moved to Thursday, November 10 at 8:45 in Mr. Herrera’s room.
Academic Parent Teacher Team (APTT) Meetings
We’re looking forward to seeing all of our families for APTT meetings this week November. PK and K meetings will be on Tuesday, November 1; 1st, 2nd, and CES meetings will be on Wednesday, November 2; and 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade meetings will be on Thursday, November 3. All meetings will be held from 6:00-7:30 and childcare will be available, with pizza for the kids.
Do you love Hearst? Do you want to share your love of Hearst with potential families? If so, consider spending a few hours at EdFEST on Saturday, December 10th! It’s a great opportunity to talk with families about #thebestlittleschoolinthedistrict. EdFEST runs from 11-3 at the DC Armory and if you’d like to take a shift, please let Jen know (email@example.com). Thanks!
Hello Owl Families! We hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Got Money? The PTA’s fall funding raising campaign, the Owl Fund Contest continues through tomorrow. There is a prize at stake for the winning grade level for students and teachers. Please note we will give prizes to ALL grade levels that reach 100% participation if we are fortunate enough to have that happen! We make it easy to give: donations are accepted by cash, check and by credit card. Please click on http://www.hearstes.org/owl_fund for details, including on how to set up monthly payments. Questions can be directed to Kay Parry (firstname.lastname@example.org). Although the contest ends on the 31st, donations can continue to made throughout the year.
Got Moe Money? Tomorrow is the last day to contribute to the Moe Family Relief Fund, established to help the family of music teacher Shaun Moe. If you would like to contribute, please click here: https://www.gofundme.com/%202qz8jt64. Contact Alex Dent (email@example.com) or Ian MacKaye (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Got Cookies? Please donate homemade treats to the E-cycle bake sale. Bake whatever you wish! Contact Bake Sale maven Liz Knake at email@example.com with questions and for more information on where and when to drop off the tasty treats.
Got Electronics? It’s almost time to recycle your unused, broken, unwanted or obsolete electronics. That’s right – it’s almost E-Cycle time! Please spread the word and join us on Saturday, Nov. 5, for Hearst’s annual E-Cycle event, which includes document shredding, a bike swap, a book sale, a bake sale and a bounce house, of course! If you have any questions, please email Team E-Cycle at firstname.lastname@example.org. An E-cycle donations box is in the atrium next to the security desk if you’re unable to make it to the event.
Got Time? The PTA is looking for a volunteer to run the holiday luncheon on Wednesday Dec. 21 for the teachers. If interested, please contact Keri Sikich at email@example.com or Judy Goodstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Auction Committee will hold its next meeting on Monday, Nov. 7 at 7pm. We will meet at the Whole Foods in Tenleytown. Please contact Auction Co-Chair Emily Olesh at email@example.com if you have questions.
• The PTA will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 6pm in the library. Pizza and childcare will be available for all potty-trained kids.