Good afternoon Owls,
It was a wacky weather week that passed, but the forecast looks great for this week and we should get lots of outdoor recess time once again. In addition to Green Week (see below), we have Potomac Pizza night tomorrow, the We Are Family Food Drive concludes on Thursday, and the auction is on Saturday. If you haven’t done so already, please buy your tickets to the auction as it’s always a good time and raises money for a great cause – our school!
Thanks for your continued support,
· The custodial team is awarding the Golden Broom Award to Mr. Stacey and the third grade students for having a consistently clean classroom.
· The NW Current this week features the Hearst Dispatch, attached, written by the Rock and Roll Sharks.
· Our next Potomac Pizza night will be Monday, March 20. Please join us from 4-9pm at 19 Wisconsin Circle, Chevy Chase, Md. Dine in or carry out but please make sure to mention you’re with Hearst and our school will receive 20 percent of our proceeds. If you’re not convinced to come, check out this video: Revised video and link for Monday 20 March Potomac Pizza Night
- The forecast is calling for snow Monday evening into Tuesday. For information about the DCPS Inclement Weather Policy, see: https://dcps.dc.gov/page/inclement-weather-guidance. If there is a school closing or delay on Tuesday, the best source of information is the DCPS twitter account (@dcpublicschools). Information will also be shared on the DCPS website (dcps.dc.gov), DCPS social media accounts, and local TV and radio stations.
- Please see attached for the Hearst Dispatch from Ms. Boyle’s 1st grade class.
- All identified English language learners will be taking DCPS-mandated ACCESS language assessments with Mr. Ibrahim and Mr. Garfield beginning on Monday. For questions or additional information, please reach out to Mr. Ibrahim (email@example.com) or Mr. Garfield (firstname.lastname@example.org).